Roasted Jerusalem Artichoke Dip
Scrub and dry:
- 1/2lb Jerusalem Artichokes
- Rub with olive oil and bake in a casserole at 375 for 20 to 30 min.
- 1/2 bunch chard (stems removed, or spinach)
In a food processor or blender, blend artichokes and chard with the following:
1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1/4 bunch parsley or cilantro (optional)
Serve as a dip, spread or on pasta in place of pesto.
Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes
- 1/2 lb Jerusalem artichokes, peel (optional) and cut to uniform size
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T butter
- 2 T parsley, minced
- salt, hot sauce to taste
Toss the Jerusalem artichokes in the olive oil in a roasting pan large enough to hold them with space in between the pieces. Scatter in the garlic and roast in a preheated 475º oven until tender, about 15 minutes, tossing at least once about halfway through. Run under the broiler for a few minute to brown the edges, watching carefully.
Add the butter and parsley and toss to coat. Season with salt and hot sauce and serve immediately.